January is a great month to explore the beauty of Australian flowers as it is the peak of the summer season. There are plenty of beautiful cut flowers that you can choose from to brighten up your home or to gift to your loved ones.
Here are some of the best Australian cut flowers to consider in January:
- Kangaroo Paw: Kangaroo Paw is another unique and stunning Australian flower. It features a furry, paw-like texture and comes in a range of colours, including yellow, orange and red. These flowers are great for adding texture to any arrangement.
- Banksia: Banksia is a native Australian flower that comes in a range of shapes and sizes. They are known for their unique, cylindrical shape and striking colours. These flowers are perfect for adding a touch of Australian beauty to any bouquet.
- King protea, also known as the giant protea, is a stunning flower native to South Africa. However, it has gained popularity as a cut flower in Australia due to its unique beauty and long vase life. Its large size and striking appearance make it a perfect centerpiece or focal point in floral arrangements.
- Geraldton Wax: Geraldton Wax is a hardy and long-lasting Australian flower that comes in a range of colours, including pink, white and purple. These flowers are perfect for adding a touch of elegance to any bouquet.
- Leucadendron's are a popular cut flower in Australia due to their unique appearance, variety of colors, and long vase life. They add texture and depth to floral arrangements and are easy to care for. Leucadendron's are also a sustainable choice for cut flowers, grown in Australia using eco-friendly farming practices and enjoyed for longer periods, reducing waste.
In conclusion, there are plenty of beautiful Australian flowers to choose from in January, whether you are looking for something bold and striking or delicate and fragrant.